Seifukan Teahouse at Shukkeien Garden - Shukkeien garden was built in 1620 by Ueda Soko - a warrior who became a Buddhist monk, tea master and landscape gardener. It was designed and built for the villa of Asano Nagaakira, daimyo of Hiroshima. Shukkeien distorts concepts of space, cramming a miniaturized version of the landscape of West Lake Hangzhou China into a space of just 40,000 square meters. Even its name means shrunken-scenery garden. Shukkeien contains many of the elements of classic landscape gardens introduced from China by Zen priest Muso Kokushi: evocatively shaped rocks, pavilions and a large pond with small islands. Around Takuei Pond with its hump-backed Rainbow Bridge winding paths lead visitors through miniature mountains, valleys, fields and groves. Shukkeien’s Seifukan teahouse, with its thatched roof and lyre-shaped window, a different tea ceremony is held each month to celebrate the flowers of each successive season.