Tree Growth Head at Ta Som - built at the end of the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII. It is just east of Neak Pean. The King dedicated the temple to his father Dharanindravarman II who was King from 1150 to 1160. The temple consists of a single shrine located on one level and surrounded by walls. Like the nearby Preah Khan and Ta Prohm the temple was left largely unrestored, with numerous trees and other vegetation growing among the ruins. In 1998, the World Monuments Fund added the temple to their restoration program and began work to stabilise the structure to make it safer for visitors. Ta Som is surrounded by a moat.