Image 1 of 1

myorenji-amber-2.jpg

Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
Myorenji was established as Myorengeji but was rebuilt in 1394 and began to be called its present name Myoren-ji. Myorenji was destroyed by fire in 1536 then rebuilt in 1542. In 1587, Myoren-ji was moved to its current location, but destroyed by fire once again. Reconstruction started in 1789; some of the buildings still survive today. The main point of interest at Myoren-ji is its rock and moss garden unusual by its use of large rhododendrons and pine trees. The best time to see the garden is early June when the rhododendrons bloom pink.. Myoren-ji also has a smaller inner garden with flowers.
Copyright
@John Lander
Image Size
5472x5472 / 29.9MB
Contained in galleries
Amber Monthly, Amber Lotus Squared, 2019 Amber Squared
Myorenji was established as Myorengeji but was rebuilt in 1394 and began to be called its present name Myoren-ji.  Myorenji was destroyed by fire in 1536 then rebuilt in 1542.  In 1587, Myoren-ji was moved to its current location, but destroyed by fire once again.  Reconstruction started in 1789; some of the buildings  still survive today.  The main point of interest at Myoren-ji is its rock and moss garden unusual by its use of large rhododendrons and pine trees.  The best time to see the garden is early June when the rhododendrons bloom pink.. Myoren-ji also has a smaller inner garden with flowers.