Bamboo Grove at Eishoji
Bamboo Grove at Eishoji - Eisho-ji is the only convent remaining in Kamakura and was built in the early Edo Period in 1636. Its full name is Tokozan Eishoji but it is almost always called just Eishoji. It's nickname is the "flower temple" though it is most noteworthy for its bamboo grove and cave niches with buddha statues inside. Eishoji was founded as a nunnery by Okatsu, the temple's named was derived from her nun name Eiisho-in.